الاثنين، 22 أكتوبر 2012

Diaries of Ethiopian Lady in Khartoum; 2nd Scene

The Tea Lady:

Sometimes during the midday when I'm just sitting to my stove I just wonder who am I? for the past few months I lost my feelings of my self; even the control over my body. People are calling me with names are not mine and no one what to learn my real name. Although the weather is extremely hot; I have to put loads of clothes in order to minimize the chances of being arrested. I received a phone call from one of the sweetest Amharic man in Khartoum, he wanted to know how am I doing and how was the last few days since his last call. Such a nice phone call would make my day; unless...

A Sudanese customer was sitting next to me. he is very annoying passing by me every day to have tea and chat. His eyes was following my moves, my expressions even while I'm talking to others and in phone. He gave his self the right to ask me to speak only Arabic; not to him only but whoever I talk with I should speak Arabic. I asked him why? he said because you came to Sudan; the people here should only speak Arabic and If I want to use this jargon I should go back to Habesha. He was so mean, his eyes was full of anger. It was one of the moments that you just want to close your eyes and its gone. All I need in this country is to earn some money peacefully.

I lost my name, my appearance and now I should lose my mother tongue to avoid this kind of harassment.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق